- To offer reciprocal rights to Yacht clubs and sailing clubs across the world
- To be part of a global network of like minded individuals who all share the same passion for yachting
- Travel and vacation specials, yachts and sailing boats available for charter
- Direct and continual contact with sailors worldwide
- Members “Invitation only” to global events, regattas and other yachting activities
- Strength in numbers, ability to lobby on behalf of the international yachting community
- Members only forum, classified ads
- Marketing and promotional activities
- Free or discounted materials, prime yachting products, nautical supplies, clothing etc.
- Marketable information, surveys and market trends
- Branded retail opportunities
- B2B and B2C platform
- Group purchasing power/ accident liability insurance
- Representation at global boat shows and events
- Regular club newsletter, regional information, “how to” articles
- Growing the pastime internationally with an emphasis on “kids on the water” activities
- Nautical education/safety seminars
We’re Launching Soon!
Become a Founding Member
We’re presently recruiting sailing and yacht clubs to join the Global Yacht Club. We’ll be launching to members in the near future. If you would like to be a founding member of the Global Yacht Club, please register now. You will get early access and an exclusive membership deal. We promise not to harass you and we will keep your information 100% safe
Becoming a GYC Club
How does my yacht club or sailing club become a member of the Global Yacht Club?
Membership is open to all existing global yacht clubs and sailing clubs in good standing. You may become part of the Global Yacht Club alliance by completing the GYC application form.
What is involved in the joining process?
Once your application has been approved, a Global Yacht Club representative will personally exchange a letter of reciprocal membership, along with an exchange of club burgees.
What does it cost for my club to join the Global Yacht Club?
IT’S FREE! There is no charge to become an associated Yacht Club or Sailing Club.
Will our club be listed on the Global Yacht Club website?
Yes, your club will be listed on the GYC website under the country that your club is located. We will also periodically make announcements on social media and in future blogs and newsletters.
How often do I need to renew my clubs membership?
GYC membership will automatically renew every year provided the club remains in good standing.
How can my club cancel our membership if we decide to do so?
Any club may cancel its GYC membership with 30 days written notice.
Can our club membership be cancelled by the GYC?
Yes, any club that does not remain “in good standing”, or does anything to damage the reputation of the GYC membership may have its GYC membership withdrawn in writing.
Clubs Join for FREE!
Apply Now to Become a GYC Club
Complete this form to begin your application process.
If you have any questions, ask away. Our leadership team will get back to you.
IYT Worldwide (IYT) is celebrating its 20th year as the world’s leading provider of nautical training and accreditation. The joy and pride of enabling thousands upon thousands of maritime enthusiasts to pursue their passion led to the inspiration of establishing a Global Yacht Club.
The concept was very basic – reach out to the worldwide network of yacht clubs and their members and invite them to join ranks under one, international yachting umbrella.
The global network of yacht and sailing clubs represents a truly unique culture of like-minded sailors, yachtsmen, boat owners, crew and enthusiasts across the globe.
The IYT Global Yacht Club is a special opportunity for anyone with a love of the sea, the sport and the lifestyle, which is our shared bond.
Where We’re Located
The Global Yacht Club has its headquarters in Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada, where it shares a Boardroom and some office facilities with IYT Worldwide.
For GYC social events, it current uses the facilities of the South Okanagan Sailing Association located on the shores of beautiful Lake Okanagan. The GYC is currently seeking a permanent location of its own.
Lake Okanagan is 135 km long and 4 km wide with a surface area of 348 sq kilometers and boasts a 270 km shoreline. The lake is drained by Okanagan river which eventually joins up with the Columbia river in Washington State U.S.A.